Last month I was reintroduced to a blogger by the name of Darren Rouse of ProBloggers. He was hosting a challenge called “7 Days to Getting your Blogging Groove Back”. I decided to take the plunge and return to the world of writing. The website you are on now is the outcome of that challenge.
So yesterday, he introduced me to Natalie Sisson, who has put together this challenge. Again I’m taking the plunge, except this time I’m verklempt! This again? Didn’t I ask myself these same questions, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, last year, this morning?
Man, I can’t believe I’m in this place again!!
I’m always up for challenges and introspection. This is ridiculous!
I’m still doing this with my experience and at my age?!!
The questions? What are my biggest challenges…list 2-3 of them.
Aaaarghhh! This again! Ok, so I have to do the work again. I think challenges in life never go away. It is part of life at every stage of life. Every change in life comes with its own set of challenges. Granted. But what about the ones that have lasted a lifetime? They seem to come back over and over with a slightly different nuance. So here goes, I was asked for 2-3 but discovered 8. I won’t bore you with all of them right now but I have a feeling that over the course of this 10 day challenge they will all come up in one form or another.
I’ll break them down into 3 areas:
I could go into the ayurvedic dosha and guna of each area, but this isn’t a teaching post its an exploration post
1. LACK – How many different ways can I say I don’t have enough?:
Lack Piece of Paper saying I have authority
- If I reveal myself will I be accepted?
- Wondering if others are looking at me and judging?
- Am I doing the right thing?
- Am I doing it correctly?
- Do I fit in enough? Am I independent enough?
- Afraid that I will not follow through, will not be consistent.
- Afraid that I’m too old.
- Ashamed of shifting focus to me instead of to others.
So there’s my list. Forgive my public angst here.
My goal is to complete this challenge and today’s challenge was to just pick 2-3 things that block me from moving forward.
The winners are… (drumroll please)
- Lack of Authority – I have authority over my life and choices.
- Transparency and Intimacy – I choose to be intimate. If I’m too much… It’s not my problem.
- Giving and loving myself more.
Tomorrow’s challenge is Discovering My Why
This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 1